Great Leaders Put Funding Behind Passion
– By #MillerSD
Most readers already know how much passion for Hand County, On Hand Development has. I believe that all of the leaders in Hand County share that passion for our community and they back that passion up with the necessary funding.
I know that the Board of Directors for On Hand Development has passion for our community because they show up and do the work without any compensation. They volunteer their already limited time because of their passion for Hand County.
The mission of On Hand Development Corporation is to maintain and assist in the expansion of existing businesses and support the growth of new businesses while striving to improve the economy of the Miller area.
A little history about On Hand:
- 1971 the Miller Community Development was formed
- 1986 A Committee to research industrial development was created
- 1986 Ordinance #471 was approved- The purpose of this ordinance was to provide additional needed revenue for the City of Miller, Hand County, SD by imposing a municipal retail sales and use tax pursuant to the powers granted to the municipality by the State of South Dakota, effective the first day of November 1988.
- 1990 the First meeting of On Hand Development was held
Today, OHDC is funded through the City of Miller and Hand County. We greatly appreciate the City of Miller and Hand County working together with us and everyone’s passion for our community. Without funding, our passion would be limited.
We need adequate funding to help with projects and keep things going for the future.
Upcoming projects for On Hand include:
- Last Welcome to Miller Sign
- Helping Existing Businesses Replace Awnings
- A new hotel
- New Industrial Park
- Housing Development
- Bike Path Project
- Promotion of Hand County
On Hand’s success has created projects that continue to generate income, provide jobs, generate sales, increase property tax, improve quality of life, bring more people to our community, and ensure the future of this community. Our passion for this community is strong and funding is necessary for our projects and passion to continue for the future.